Appliances to Include in Your Universal Kitchen Design
Have you made the decision to make your kitchen more accessible to everyone in your household and family by remodeling it feature a universal design? If so you are probably well aware of what features the actual design can consist of from out last post, The Features of Universal Design Kitchens, but you may not know how to outfit it. It’s one thing for your kitchen to be designed with everyone’s abilities in mind, but if the appliances aren’t as easily accessible then your kitchen will still be inoperable to some.
To ensure that everyone is able to utilize your kitchen as universal design intends, through specialty design products and environments, we are going to share a few ideas on the different appliances you can include, such as:
- Cook-top or range with smooth surfaces, controls in the front and child-proof locking.
- Easy to access refrigerator with automatic door open and close features, under-cabinet drawer configuration or those that are side by side.
- Wall oven at counter height with doors that swing open to the left and right.
- Faucets that can be operated solely by touch.
- Dishwasher drawer installed 6″ to 8″ above floor level that can be used from the left and right.
- Microwave at counter height with touch control, audio and visual “cooking complete” signals, and digital help displays .
If you are in the metro Atlanta area call Adapted Living Spaces today to set up a free project consultation at 888-607-3760.
Image by fairfaxcounty via flickr