As Spring Ends Pressure Wash and Paint Your Exterior
As winter ended we gladly welcomed spring and its warm weather with open arms, however instead on instant nice weather we received a blast of pollen and heavy storms. By the time spring comes to an end the exterior of your home may look a little dingy due to the swarms of pollen and constant beating from storm debris. Since the season will be ending it is the perfect time to pressure wash your house and add a fresh coat of paint.
Pressure washing is a good way to clean the exterior of you home especially if it features vinyl siding, and to prep it for painting. Pressure washing before painting your home will remove any dirt, grime, chalky residue, and old paint to help your new coat stick better. Keep these safety tips in mind if you plan on taking on the challenge of pressure washing your home yourself:
- Become familiar with the power washing equipment.
- Test its operation on a small spot to see how it feels in your hand before starting.
- Never use a ladder, the kick of the pressure could knock you down.
- Check with the local health department to find out the best way to handle pressure washing your home if it has lead paint.
- Cover all outdoor electric outlets and wear goggles to protect your eyes and face.