Would a Smaller Home be Best for You?
If you are currently house hunting then we’re sure you’ve noticed the extremely high amount of large homes with low listing prices, and you may even be considering purchasing one. But before you make the decision to buy it just because it seems more affordable doesn’t mean it’s the best option for you and your family. In fact you may be better off with something smaller. Keep these considerations in mind when deciding if a smaller home would be best for you…
- They cost less. You will spend a considerably smaller amount heating and cooling a smaller home, repairing it, as well as furnishing and decorating it.
- They save time. You will spend less time cleaning and maintaining a small house and its landscape than you would with a larger home.
- They make it easier to live simply. A small home will force you to determine what you really need and reduce your amount of clutter.
- They allow you to make quality splurges. The financial burden of making quality upgrades won’t be as heavy since you don’t have as much to buy.
- They may be easier to sell. Energy efficient homes are on the rise which exactly what a small home is.